Wondering if locum tenens work is right for you?
Whether you are a resident, mid-career physician, close-to retiring or semi-retired physician, locum tenens could be a perfect fit for you, enabling you to work as little or as much as you want.
What are the top incentives to try locum tenens?
- Most agencies cover travel fees, lodging costs and malpractice insurance to help reduce logistical worries. Customer care teams are also ready to ensure an assignment goes smoothly, and recruiters learn your interests in order to match you to the perfect opportunity.
- After medical school, test drive different positions or sample different practice settings before settling on a permanent one.
- Earn extra income - locum tenens pay can help pay off medical school debt or add an extra financial cushion for you and your family. After retiring, locum tenens work is great for supplementing retirement income.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule - you choose where and when you go. You can even consider combining family vacation with a locum tenens assignment.
- Network with new colleagues and medical staff while meeting different types of patients.
Browse 90,000+ locum & permanent jobs
- During a mid-career stage of your life, you can learn new skills or contemplate a new kind of career, while keeping your skills sharp and maintaining your license.
- Travel to new locations throughout the country (or even across the globe) on someone else's dime.
- Improve patient access to quality healthcare, especially in poor or rural communities.
- Gain more clinical experience without worrying about the business side and extra paperwork involved in a healthcare practice.
- Balance your work and family life. Women returning to work after taking time to raise a family can find an easier way back into practicing medicine while also maintaining flexible hours.